MOrrisons Cove Memorial Park
We are here to serve Martinsburg and the surrounding communities. Activities at our park include Bowling, a playground, banquet / meeting space, swimming pools and so much more.
The Park was founded in 1915, when a group attending the Brown family picnic decided the area called Snyder’s Grove would be a beautiful place for a park. Then in 1921, the Park elected its first Board of Directors and in 1922, the park was officially incorporated and dedicated, “To commemorate the valor and heroic deeds of the brave armed forces of Morrison's Cove of all the wars in which the United States has participated, and to provide a public center for civic and moral instruction, recreation, amusement and promotion of athletic sports for all the people of Morrisons Cove.” In 1934, a multipurpose facility was erected to accompany indoor activities. The Morrisons Cove Memorial park continued to grow over the years and in 1979 the facility was razed and the present recreational community complex was erected. The Park is a non-profit 501(c)3 corporation that is supported only by the hard work and financial generosity of the community.